Peak Local Community Organisation
- Philanthropy Australia Inc. (The Buderim Foundation is a member of Philanthropy Australia – the national body for promoting giving in Australia)
Government Grant Programs
Other Funding Programs
- Gambling Community Benefit Fund and Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund
- Philanthropy Australia – The Australian Directory of Philanthropy
- Foundation for Regional and Rural Renewal (The FRRR offers a number of small grant programs for small rural communities.)
- Grants Search (commercial grants database search service)
- Easy Grants Newsletter and searchable data base ( grants service and part of the Funding Centre, on ourcommunity.com.au)
Resources for Grant Seekers
- A Grant Seeker’s Guide to Trusts and Foundations (Free guide written by Philanthropy Australia to help non-profit organisations understand how foundations and trusts operate)
- The Grantseeker Manual (A free resource that supports support small to medium sized non-profits and charities apply for funding. Produced by the NSW Department of Communities in conjunction with Philanthropy Australia).
- ABN Lookup which is a public view of the Australian Business Register: abr.business.gov.au
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission: acnc.gov.au
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission: asic.gov.au
Resources for Organisations Seeking Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Status
- The Australian Tax Office assists organisations applying for DGR status and to register as charity in Queensland.
- Philanthropy Australia
- The Federal Government’s Register of Cultural Organisations offers a way for arts and cultural organisations obtain DGR status.
- The Federal Government’s Register of Environmental Organisations offer a way for environmental organisations to obtain DGR status.
- The Fereral Government’s Australian Sports Foundation offers a way for sporting organisations to obtain DGR approval for an eligible project.
- Pilch is a leading Victorian, not-for-profit organisation that provides a useful overview of the legal issues involved in raising money.
Community Development Resources
- NSW Government Community Builders (interactive electronic clearing house for community leaders, volunteers, youth and seniors. Free resources and informative e-newletter for non-profit organisations)
- Our Community (a social enterprise offering free and paid newsletters and other resources on non-profits)